Saturday, March 8, 2008

Stitches?!

Yes....STITCHES! But, NOT Mikala's...Thank Goodness! My dear-hard-working husband got 4 stitches by breaking his hand through glass (AKA - doing dishes, a real mans job). The stitches were done at home with no numbing meds. Thank Goodness for our friend/neighbor (an ER Dr. to the rescue)! I did my part by holding light above the ouchie and by cutting each stitch, and if you know me, Im extremely squeamish around blood and needles...ugh...ewww!








































Whats going on with Reiko? Well, I started to learn how to knit! Im starting off by doing a scarf. Eventually Ill move on to a blanket for Mikala. Its much harder and time consuming than I thought. But, Im happy and excited about my new hobby. Hum, my NEW hobby just took over my OLD hobby....Im comparing KNITTING to DRIFTING CARS?!?! Dang!!!! How life changes from one phone call from the doctor announcing a pregnancy - wow. And I wouldnt take back any minute of the last 6 1/2 months plus the additional 40 weeks of pregnancy. Lifes great.

We took Mikala to DISNEYLAND for the first time! Yes, the place where Scott and I have had annual passes for about 5 years. Yes, the place where he proposed to me! We went after the sun went down, which meant she had a great time checking out all the lights Disneyland had to offer. She was amazed at all the lights on the carousel, she was intrigued by watching Dumbo go in circles/up/down, and she could have stared at the Tea Cups go round and round for days.















Mikala is now using her HIGHCHAIR (thank you Auntie Linda and Uncle Philip)! Shes still unsure of it. But, shes just going to have to get use to it! I like it a lot. It straps her in nice and snug and has a play toy thing to keep her occupied while either waiting for her food to get prepared or while waiting for her parents to finish up dinner.





Scott put Mikala on his shoulders for the first time. I guess shes not afraid of heights because she really enjoyed being up there!

We saw my grandparents (Mikalas "BaBa" and "JiiJii").

No comments: